Order Processing Period
A two business-day order processing period is required for all orders placed with Knatty Dread. Knatty Dread is not open Saturday, Sunday or USA national holidays, so if an order is placed after 12pm on a Friday or during the holidays, it will likely not be shipped until the following Monday or Tuesday.
Correct Addresses Must be Provided
It is YOUR responsibility to make sure the address entered on your order form is correct. Any order that is returned to Knatty Dread due to incorrect shipping information provided will be charged the reshipping cost. PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL SHIPPING INFO IS CORRECT when placing an order and in the order confirmation email.
Shipping charges are non-refundable for all orders.
Knatty Dread can only accept returns and issue refunds on unopened and unused products. Knatty Dread reserves the right to determine what is re-saleable and in acceptable condition to be returned for a refund or exchange. If you would like to return and order please email us to have your item authorized for return before shipping it to us. There is a 10% restocking fee charged any any returned order.
Exchanged orders will be subject to reshipping charges unless the item is defective. Shipping charges are non-refundable for all orders.
There is a 5% cancellation fee charged on all canceled orders, whether shipped or not, to cover the cost of the initial processing of the order.
Privacy & Security
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AT OUR WEB SITE OR ONLINE CHANNEL WHERE THIS POLICY IS DISPLAYED OR LINKED AND HOW IS IT USED?
1. Information Collected Directly from You and Others through this Site or online channel
We collect personal information directly from you to do all the things typically associated with electronic and mobile commerce Web sites. Examples of the information we collect include name, address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address, personal preferences, credit card number, purchase and ordering information, demographical information, and sizing information.
This information is collected at various places: for instance, when you check out with your online order; subscribe to mailers, email offers, and mobile messaging offers; participate in surveys, contests, or sweepstakes; or interact with special-event or program offers.
We collect information about you and, if you provide it, we collect information about those you know. For example, we collect your gift recipient's contact information to process your gift orders.
We use this collected information to do things like:
- Process your online orders.
- Open an online account at your request.
- Personalize your online experience with content and offers that are tailored to your interests.
- Provide Customer Care, whether it's responding to a request or following up on an order.
- Include you in surveys and contests.
- Facilitate networks of online social activity centered on our products and services.
- Manage and develop Knatty Dreads' business and operations.
- Enable you to interact with third-party content service providers, whether by linking to their sites, viewing their content within our Web environment, or by viewing our content within their Web environment.
- Market our products and services (for instance, we may add you to our email or mailing list when you make an online purchase).
2. Information We Observe or Collect through Technology
a. Navigational and Location Information
When you visit this Web site or an online channel where this policy is linked, we collect navigational information, such as browser type and version, service-provider identification, IP address, the site from which you came, and the site to which you navigate. Navigational information is largely anonymous in the sense that it doesn't contain your name, address, phone number, email address or other information that directly identifies you. However, we may associate this navigational information with your personal information if you provide it. When collecting the IP address, we may also be able to determine location information such as city, state, country, a designated marketing area and the ISP being used. We will also collect the type of mobile device you are using when connecting to our mobile website so we can provide the mobile website version best suited for your device.
b. Cookies and Clear gifs
To better understand what you do while on our site, we use a browser feature known as a cookie. A cookie is a small data file that's stored by your Web browser on your computer or device. It's used to do things like see how you navigate our Web site, and remember you and your online purchases when you return. This helps us improve our site, provide better Customer Care, tailor your online experience, and tailor offers to you based on your unique tastes, location and/or purchase history.
We also use clear-gifs (also known as a Web beacon, pixel tags or Web bug) on our Web site, mobile site, microsites, and Knatty Dread social media pages and in our emails. A clear gif is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a Web page, Web-based document or email message. It helps us do things like view the URL of the page on which the clear gif appears and the time our Web site or email in question is viewed. Clear gifs in emails help us confirm the receipt of, and response to, our emails, including those that you forward to friends and family; and they help deliver a more personalized online experience.
Overall, these technologies may be used to help us see which of our interactive experiences online users like most: for example, by keeping track of the number of times a video, widget or other media is accessed or embedded on social networking sites; and on which social networking sites it is embedded, based on inquiries that are sent to our Web site.
3. Information Others Observe or Collect through Technology
We evaluate and select third-party service providers to help us analyze our visitors' site and purchase preferences. For example, we use analytics companies to better understand our customers' use of our Web sites, mobile sites, microsites, Knatty Dread social media pages and Web capabilities like embeddable widgets. We also use third parties so that we can evaluate and understand customers' purchases in order to provide tailored offers and information, based on unique preferences. This information also allows us to improve our sites, social media pages and Web capabilities. For information about your options with respect to cookies, see "What Choices Do You have Over How your Information is Used?" below.
HOW IS TECHNOLOGY USED TO SERVE OUR ADVERTISEMENTS ON OTHER WEB SITES AND WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE?
We contract with third-party advertising companies to deliver tailored online display and banner advertising to you on other Web sites. To serve this advertising, these third party companies place, use, or rely on technology, such as cookies and clear gifs, as customers interact with us through our Web sites and interact with other Web sites. Once this information is gathered, it helps us select tailored ads for placement on these other Web sites, based upon a customer's shopping history and experience with us. These companies also provide information to us, which we, in turn, use to gauge how effective our ads are.
For information about opt out programs that these third party advertising companies participate in, and the effect of opting out, click the following: [NAI Opt Out click here] and [DAA Opt Out - click here] (you'll then leave this site for centrally managed online sites where you may specify your preferences under those programs). You can also click the preference icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through use of these technologies. You should also note that our systems may not recognize "Do Not Track" headers from some or all browsers.
HOW MAY YOU INTERACT WITH THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES AND CONTENT?
Here's a partial list of the sites or content of these third parties:
1. Sweepstakes, Contests, and Survey Sites
2. Social Networking or Other User-Generated-Content Sites, and Other Websites
We may at times facilitate easy access to third-party sites, like social networking sites and other sites that host user-generated content. This may include easy click-through access or even "single-sign on" to these sites. The privacy policies of these third parties apply to the information collected by the third parties at these sites.
Note too, the social media sites where Knatty Dread has a Knatty Dread social media page may provide aggregate information and analysis to us about visitors' use of these social media pages. The analysis that is provided allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of our social media pages and interaction with content on our social media pages.
3. Third-Party Rewards or Membership Programs
We may interact with certain unrelated companies that offer their customers memberships to participate in programs, which may include rewards for purchases from us. If you become a member of one of these programs or purchase something from us at this Web site through such a program, we may provide the company administering the membership program enough information about you or your purchase (like contact information, transaction date, transaction amount, and order number) to enable it to honor your membership.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of the companies sponsoring these membership programs. Their terms, conditions, and policies apply to any information that's provided to them to further their programs.
WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE OVER HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED?
If at any time you'd like to stop future delivery of our email offers, simply follow the removal instructions located at the bottom of each message This will stop future email offers from us, but won't stop operational or transactional messages such as email confirmations of your online orders or Customer Care communications.
We may occasionally provide you with the opportunity to opt in to receive email messages from third parties. If you do opt in, we'll share your email address with the specific third party with which you have opted in. Please review their privacy policies to see how they treat your personal information.
2. Cookies, Clear Gifs, and Online Network Advertising
You may always choose to block cookies or even clear cookies from your computer. Simply follow your browser's instructions on how to block and clear cookies. Note that blocking cookies may not block the "first-party" cookies that are placed on your computer when you visit this site. By first-party cookies, we mean those cookies (whether placed by us or a contractor) that help us see how visitors use our site. Otherwise clearing cookies after each visit here will prevent observations from multiple sessions being aggregated over time. Please consider the consequences of blocking or clearing cookies. Many Web sites rely on their cookies to provide you with services or features that you have requested or expect.
WHAT IS THE POLICY FOR VISITORS FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S.?
HOW MAY I ACCESS AND UPDATE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We prefer to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. You may update or modify your billing- and shipping-related information by logging onto Your Account
HOW DO WE ADDRESS CHILDREN'S PRIVACY?
We do not knowingly collect or maintain information provided by children under the age of 13.
HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION ON OUR SITE?
This Web site has the following types of security measures: limited access data-centers, firewall technology, and (for our e-Commerce sites through which you may place orders) secure-socket-layer (SSL) certificate authentication. SSL is encryption technology that provides security for information that's transmitted over the Internet.
While we implement the above security measures on this site, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
WHOM MAY YOU CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
Terms & Conditions
IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO ALL VISITORS TO OR USERS OF KNATTY DREAD WEB SITE, THE HOME PAGE OF WHICH IS AT WWW.KNATTYDREAD.COM OR ANY KNATTY DREAD ONLINE CHANNEL WHERE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE LINKED, SUCH AS KNATTY DREAD MICROSITES; KNATTY DREAD PAGES ON SOCIAL MEDIA SITES, FOR EXAMPLE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER OR YOUTUBE; AND MOBILE SITES OF KNATTY DREAD THAT DISPLAY OR LINK TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (EACH OF THESE REFERRED TO INDIVIDUALLY AS A "SITE"). YOUR USE OF THIS SITE CONFIRMS YOUR UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
- Copyright Notice and Use of Site. The design of this Site and all text, graphics, information, content, and other material displayed on or that can be downloaded from this Site are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and other laws and treaties and may not be used except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions or with prior written permission of the owner of such material. The software and other technology components of this Site and the Site as a compilation are 1999-2009, GSI Commerce Solutions, Inc., an eBay company, or its affiliates and suppliers. The contents (including without limitation, the look and feel, all text, photographs, images, video and audio) of this Site are 2011, Knatty Dread or its respective affiliates (collectively, "Knatty Dread" or "we") and suppliers. All rights reserved. You may not modify the information or materials displayed on or that can be downloaded from this Site in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use any such information or materials for any public or commercial purpose. You may not copy, reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, post, modify, create derivative works from, sell, license or otherwise exploit this Site. Any unauthorized use of any such information or materials may violate U.S. and/or international copyright laws, trademark laws, treaties, laws of privacy and publicity, and other laws and regulations and is prohibited. In the event of a violation of these laws and regulations,
- Knatty Dread reserves the right to seek all remedies available by law and in equity.
- Knatty Dread reserves the right to block or deny access to the Site to anyone at any time for any reason.
- Knatty Dread retains all rights regarding their trademarks, trade names, brand names and trade dress. These marks, names or trade dress, and all associated logos or images, are registered and/or common law trademarks of Knatty Dread and are protected by U.S. and international laws and treaties. No license to the use of such marks, names or trade dress is granted to you under these terms and conditions or by your use of the Site. Your misuse of the trademarks displayed on the Site is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Knatty Dread will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of civil remedies and criminal prosecution.
- Content. Knatty Dread does not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on forums, blogs or through User Communications contained on this Site (collectively, "Content"). Any Content placed online, including advice, opinions and stories, are the views and responsibility of those who post the Content and do not necessarily represent the views of Knatty Dread.
- Products and Specifications. All features, content, specifications, products and prices of products and services described or depicted on this Site, are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures and similar descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. Knatty Dread makes all reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of its products, including the applicable colors; however, the actual color you see will depend on your computer system, and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colors. The inclusion of any products or services on this Site at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time. All DVDs, CDs and similar products sold are for private, home use (where no admission fee is charged), non-public performance and may not be duplicated.
- Shipping Limitations. When an order is placed, it will be shipping to an address designated by the purchaser as long as that shipping address is compliant with the shipping restrictions contained on this Site. All purchases from this Site are made pursuant to a shipment contract. As a result, it may be necessary for you to file claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments.
- Accuracy of Information. We attempt to ensure that information on this Site is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currentness of any information on this Site. For example, products included on this Site may be unavailable, may have different attributes than those listed, or may actually carry a different price than that stated on this Site. In addition, we may make changes in information about price and availability without notice. While it is our practice to confirm orders by email, the receipt of an email order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse fulfillment of orders to any customer. We also may require verification of information prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of any order.
- Linking to this Site. Creating or maintaining any link from another web Site to any page on this Site without our prior written permission is prohibited. Running or displaying this Site or any information or material displayed on this Site in frames or through similar means on another web site without our prior written permission is prohibited. Any permitted links to this Site must comply will all applicable laws, rule and regulations.
- Special Notice: Knatty Dread and its affiliates have a no-tolerance policy regarding the use of our trademarks or names in metatags and/or hidden text. Specifically, the use of our trademarks or names in metatag keywords is trademark infringement, and the use of trademarks or names in page text, metatags, and/or hidden text for purposes of gaining higher rankings from search engines is unfair competition. Linking to any page on this Site is prohibited absent express written permission from Knatty Dread. Framing, inline linking or other association of this Site or its or its suppliers software or HTML code, scripts, text, artwork, photographs, images, video, and audio with links, advertisements and/or other information not originating from the KnattyDread.com Web site is expressly prohibited.
- Third Party Links. Periodically, links may be established from this Site to one or more external web sites or resources operated by third parties (the "Third Party Sites"). These links are provided for your convenience only. In addition, certain Third Party Sites also may, with our written permission, provide links to this Site. None of these links should be deemed to imply that Knatty Dread endorses the Third Party Sites or any content therein. Knatty Dread does not control and is not responsible or liable for any Third Party Sites or any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such Third Party Sites. Access to any Third Party Site is at your own risk and Knatty Dread will have no liability arising out of or related to such web sites and/or their content or for any damages or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with any purchase, use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such Third Party Site.
- Your Account. You may choose to create an Account at our Site. If you do, you will have an email address and password for your account. To protect your Account, you should choose a username and password different than names, birthdays, or street addresses associated with you.. You area responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account and password and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your Account or password.
- DISCLAIMERS. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR RISK. THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. NEITHER KNATTY DREAD, ITS SUPPLIERS, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE. THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND NEITHER KNATTY DREAD, ITS SUPPLIERS, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES MAKES ANY COMMITMENT OR ASSUMES ANY DUTY TO UPDATE SUCH INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR SERVICES. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.
ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT ONLY TO ANY APPLICABLE WARRANTIES OF THEIR RESPECTIVE MANUFACTURERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, IF ANY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES LISTED OR PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT DEFECT OR FAILURE, CLAIMS THAT ARE DUE TO NORMAL WEAR, PRODUCT MISUSE, ABUSE, PRODUCT MODIFICATION, IMPROPER PRODUCT SELECTION, NON-COMPLIANCE WITH ANY CODES, OR MISAPPROPRIATION. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES TO THOSE DEFINED AS "CONSUMERS" IN THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY-FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION IMPROVEMENTS ACT. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Neither KNATTY DREAD nor its suppliers assumes any responsibility, or will be liable, for any damages to, or any viruses that may infect, your computer, telecommunication equipment, or other property caused by or arising from your access to, use of, or browsing this Site, or your downloading of any information or materials from this Site. IN NO EVENT WILL KNATTY DREAD, OR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, NOR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR TRANSMISSION OF THIS SITE OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS SITE, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SERVICES CONTAINED ON ANY OR ALL SUCH WEB SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.
IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS WEB SITE OR ANY CONTENT, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THIS SITE. IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT YOU HAVE PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY, IF ANY, IS FROM THE MANUFACTURER OF SUCH PRODUCTS OR SUPPLIER OF SUCH SERVICES, IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH MANUFACTURER'S OR SUPPLIER'S WARRANTY, OR TO SEEK A RETURN AND REFUND FOR SUCH PRODUCT OR SERVICES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RETURNS AND REFUNDS POLICIES POSTED ON THIS SITE.
- Revisions to these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may be revised at any time and from time to time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then current Terms and Conditions because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Site. Your continued use of this Site after any changes to these terms and conditions are posted will be considered acceptance of those changes.
- Choice of Law; Jurisdiction. These Terms and Conditions supersede any other agreement between you and Knatty Dread to the extent necessary to resolve any inconsistency or ambiguity between them. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina , without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to this Site will be brought only in the courts of the State of South Carolina or the United States District Court for South Carolina. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions will be admissible in judicial and administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
- Termination. You or we may suspend or terminate your account or your use of this Site at any time, for any reason or for no reason. You are personally liable for any orders placed or charges incurred prior to termination. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspect of this Site at any time without notice.
NOTICE FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Knatty Dread, Inc. ("Knatty Dread") does not permit copyright infringing activities on this Site, and Knatty Dread may remove any material, information, suggestions, ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, questions, comments or other communication posted in any manner to this Site by users of the Site, including without limitation those submitted through services through this website, such as product reviews, Customer Conversations or Stories, (all of this collectively, "User Communications") if properly informed that any such User Communications infringe on another's copyright rights. Knatty Dread will terminate the ability to submit User Communications if, under appropriate circumstances, a person submitting User Communications to this Site is determined to be a repeat infringer.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent for such owner and believe that any User Communications or material posted on this website by third parties infringes upon your copyrights, you may notify Knatty Dread by providing the following information in writing:
(1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed;
(2) Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists;
(3) Identification of the User Communication(s) or material that is claimed to be infringing and a description of the infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit Knatty Dread to locate the same;
(4) Information reasonably sufficient to permit Knatty Dread to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
(5) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the User Communication(s) or material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(6) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed.